Getting to Gujarat
Gujarat is located on the western coast of the Indian Peninsula. It borders Pakistan and Rajasthan to the north-east, Madhya Pradesh to the east, Maharashtra and the Union territories of Diu, Daman, Dadra, and Nagar Haveli to the south.
Gujarat has its exuberant means of transportation which ranges from:
(1) Airways :
Ahmedabad, the premier Airport of Gujarat is connected to major Indian cities like Delhi, Mumbai, Calcutta, Chennai, etc. by daily services. Gujarat has it’s own International Airport ‘Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel International Airport’, which connects to Countries worldwide. The State’s other Airports are Vadodara, Surat, Kandla, Jamnagar, Keshod, Porbandar, Bhavnagar and Bhuj, Rajkot.
It has the longest coastline among Indian states stretching 1,600 kms. Dotted with 41 ports (including 1 major, 11 intermediate and 29 minor)
Ahmedabad Airport : Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel International Airport :
The Airport serves metropolitan areas of two cities in the State of Gujarat - Ahmedabad and Gandhinagar - and is located 8 km from the Ahmedabad Railway Station and 17.1 km from Ahmedabad Airport to Gandhinagar. It is named after statesman and former Deputy Prime Minister Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel. The airport is spread over an area of 1,124 acres (4.55 km2) with the runway measuring 11,811 ft (3,600 m).
For More Details : http://www.ahmedabadairport.com/
Domestic Airports :
(1) Bhavnagar Airport : Bhavnagar Airport, 9 km from the city of Bhavnagar.
For More Details : http://www.aai.aero/allAirports/bhavnagar.jsp
(2) Bhuj Airport : Shyamji Krishna Verma, Bhuj Airport.
For More Details : http://www.aai.aero/allAirports/bhuj_generalinfo.jsp
(3) Jamnagar Airport : 10 km from the City of Jamnagar.
For More Details : http://www.aai.aero/allAirports/jamnagar.jsp
(4) Kandla Airport ( Gandhidham ) : situated at Kandla, near Gandhidham, in Kutchh district.
(5) Keshod Airport (Junagadh) : Keshod Airport is found 3 km from Keshod city in Junagadh District.
For More Details : http://www.aai.aero/allAirports/keshod.jsp
(6) Porbandar Airport : is situated 5 km from the city of porbandar.
For More Details : http://www.aai.aero/allAirports/porbander.jsp
(7) Rajkot Airport : 4 Km from the city of Rajkot.
For More Details : http://www.aai.aero/allAirports/rajkot.jsp
(8) Surat Airport : on Magdalla Road, Surat.
For More Details : http://www.aai.aero/allAirports/surat_generalinfo.jsp
(9) Vadodara Airport : Domestic Airport Can be Found Near Vadodara City in Gujarat.
For more Details : http://aai.aero/allAirports/vadodara_generalinfo.jsp
(2) National Highways :
Gujarat has approximately 72,165 kms. of roads and it is well connected to other states of the Indian union by road and rail.
National Highway 8 A→ Connects Ahmedabad-Limbdi-Morbi-Kandla
National Highway 8 B→ Connects Bamanbor – Rajkot – Gondal – Jetpur and Porbandar
National Highway 8 C→ Connects Chiloda – Gandhinagar and Sarkhej
The first Express Highway number 1 has been operational between Ahmedabad and Vadodara.
For More Details : http://www.nhai.org/
(3) Railways : Fast, cheap, simple transportation of both goods and passengers. Main cities of Gujarat are connected to metro cities in India. Three major rail routes are: Broad Gauge, Meter Gauge.
For detailed train timings and availability get more information: www.irctc.co.in
(4) Waterway : The coastline of Gujarat is approximately 1600 kms long. Thus, trade and transportation through sea route is well developed.